View Single Post
Old 13-07-2012, 02:46 PM
Master
Boundaries

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeHee
  1. What are any distinctions between Christianity and the New Age Movement?
  2. How do they relate to each other? Do they contradict each other or compliment each other?
  3. I often find that Scriptures must be reinterpreted or rejected in order to conform with New Age thought. So the next question is, how do you determine what Scriptures are to be rejected and which ones are to be supported? An example of this can be found in John 14:16.
  4. Do you consider yourself a New Age Christian? If so, how do you distinguish yourselves from "conservative" Christians? And if you are a Christian how do you distinguish yourself from New Ageism?
  5. How do you handle arguments in reference to scriptural meaning, that is when encountering the other side, Christian or New Age?
  6. Last Question, as a New Age follower who do you draw from as your most inspirational author? example Shirley Maclaine. Same question to Christians, I'm looking for Authors of an extrabiblical nature.
Tee, you know, the "Ego" is caught up with "labels".
And, we can see if we study, that Ego is to be equated with the devil.
What caused Lucifer to rebel, after all...

Now, we might also percieve that Ego is related to the survival instinct of this carnal and physical aspect, in, "the world". Which, isn't as real as we percieve it to be.
The greater reality and Truth being Spirit, and, the timeless.
That which is apart from, "Space/Time".

It had been stated and recognized by scientists that with the onset of Quantm Mechanics, and Physics since Einstein, that, Physics, has become "Meta-Physics", and boundary lines fade between them.

So too is it with what one might label, "New Age", regarding the mystical aspects of the Bible, and it's teachings concerning the things coming to Light, today, with the knowledge being revealed to us.

Christ says to us in Revelation:
"I am the root and offspring of David, and, the Bright and Morning Star."

Nothing changes regarding that. He is still the author and finisher of our faith, the Alpha and Omega, and His return to the world, and rule, is imminent as prophecied, and, as is all too evident in the world today, regarding signs.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein