View Single Post
Old 12-07-2018, 05:47 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
Baile,

Amen to all the above. We have rapidly evolved into a confrontational society as opposed to a cooperative society and, as you say, greatly aided by the anonyiminty of the internet. Ill considered and careless postings are rampant and normal. People become entrenched in their positions, forced to develop a leaky rationale to preserve face. IMO, clearly a problem of the ego. Without naming names it is readily apparent at the 'highest' levels of society(read: government officials and celebrities). Careless and impulsive outbursts on social media, instead of leading to backtracking, spawn more venom and ridiculous defenses.
Yes, I also say 'amen' to what you said, Baile. Except, I think there are two kinds of things that are simultneoulsy going on - some people are progressively 'grooving' together 'in' the 'reality' of the stream of universal spirit, while others are regressive becoming more 'i'solated in bubbles of either completely selfish generated or group-self fabricated 'dream' streams.

There will be a denouement wherein and whereby both 'tendencies' (relatively 'few' in the first case, and relatively 'many' in second*) will be separated, with those in the second category ultimately losing their 'chance' of becoming part of the first stream.

[* The 'few' vs the 'many' idea is addressed in Matthew Ch.7: "Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it."]

One of the (many) biblical passages in which Jesus alluded to the separation of the two 'streams' (of the 'wheat' from the 'chaff') was in Luke Ch.16: "There was a certain rich man, which was clothed in purple and fine linen, and fared sumptuously every day: And there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate, full of sores, And desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man's table: moreover the dogs came and licked his sores. And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried; And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom. And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame. But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented. And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would come from thence. Then he said, I pray thee therefore, father, that thou wouldest send him to my father's house: For I have five brethren; that he may testify unto them, lest they also come into this place of torment. Abraham saith unto him, They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them. And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent. And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."

There is obviously much more involved in what's going on that the simple 'rich' vs. 'poor' theme Jesus was talking about, I just relate it as a way of saying that I think your comment only speaks of one 'side' of the integration-vs-disintegration 'coin' of what's really happening - meaning what I 'see' as really happening.

Offered in the spirit of outreach-extended sharing, assuming (hoping?) that you haven't 'sunk' into living in a completely 'i'solated bubble yourself, Bro.