View Single Post
Old 27-05-2018, 12:05 AM
Experiencer

I messaged Colorado right now, but I'm not sure if she'll be back to check her message. Therefore I wanted to post the question here to anyone who thinks they may be able to help me out.

I was thinking about seriously trying this way of eating for a few months. I know I need to do it. I know I have a lot of problems that could possibly be related to an overgrowth of Candidiasis. I have tried in vain maybe five or more years ago to attempt this diet, but the one I tried was so strict/limited and full of supplements, that I just couldn't stick to it. But at that time I was eating fast food probably three times a week, too, so I didn't have nearly as much discipline when it comes to giving up certain foods. My attachments to certain foods are much less now, so I think I'm ready for the big leap of giving up all grains, sugars, dairy, etc., if need be.

So with that said, does anyone have any good resources for what to eat every day? Specifically, does anyone have a daily/weekly menu example that I could follow? I want to make sure that I'm getting all of my vitamins and minerals, since I do have a very difficult time absorbing many nutrients, possibly due to an overgrowth of yeast and fungus. Who knows? One thing I need to say though, is that I have a very bad sensitivity to legumes (i.e. beans, peanuts, peas, alfalfa, soy sauce, tofu, etc.), specifically soy. I also cannot seem to tolerate foods that are high in histamines. But, the latter problem could just be attributed to an overgrowth of yeast in the body.

I won't be able to go shopping for "new food" until this Friday, so I'll be checking back here to read any and all suggestions and resources you may post until then. For now I have to stick to eating what's in the fridge and cabinets. I'll probably have a nice cheesy pizza party one or two times before Friday hits. I'm going to miss pizza, I won't lie. But, I also won't miss being overweight and having various other health problems. So, arrivederci, pizza! Our saucy food love affair has been wonderful, but such is impermanence!