View Single Post
Old 28-02-2018, 10:39 PM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by SierraNevadaStar
I have met a heart catalyst and my 'twin flame' and these were/are both romantic connections (among other things). I am not in contact with them on the earth plane. I don't feel I've been in spiritual contact with the former for a long, long time and I'm actually seeking to take a respite from spiritual contact with the latter (if I've not already done so). I have met a few friends in my time whom I feel were soul mates, but one passed away and the others I hear from sporadically these days.

I find I end up going it alone - a lot. I am reclusive by nature and am a fiction-writer currently living on an island. Being a writer is quite a solitary path - though you do have your characters to keep you company and my characters (no matter who they are and what they are like), are always a part of my 'tribe' because they are, in turn, a part of me. I was told by a guide in a dream (indeed, one of the most beautiful I've ever had): "You have a very powerful voice. You could become quite known for it. This power comes from the fifth, or throat, chakra." She then handed me a stone with the symbol for Vishudda (i.e., the throat chakra) embossed on it in blue. I can only assume she meant my writer's 'voice.' I completed a novel, but haven't sent it off yet. I have two others in the making and I also write short stories and poems. I have wanted to write since I was seven - it just feels 'right' and it always has. I sometimes joke that I had to have been born with a pen and paper in-hand. ;-)

I was baptized Catholic but rejected that path at the age of ten. I simply refused to attend Cathechism further (much to my father's chagrin but to my mother's secret delight). I never took my First Communion. I soon got into Wicca for many years. I'm still a Wiccan and a Pagan too for that matter. However, I feel I have come to incorporate many facets of Taoism, Transcendentalism and Gnosticism with regards to my spiritual life. I have been doing this for years and it works for me. I think it best when we find our own 'Way' - even if that means incoporating various forms of spirituality or religion. We need to follow what our soul, and our spirit, beckon us to. I feel that we can connect to them most via the heart chakra.

I can relate to most of this! I'm also a writer, my guides appear to me as characters I've created. They limit themselves to just one of my stories so I can still develop my writing skills on my own with other works - notably, they do not inhabit the sci-fi novel I'm a few months away from finishing, but rather a comic that I only have foundational work for yet. I even let them make suggestions for that story, which really paid off when they introduced me to a metaphysical concept that transformed the whole thing into something I've never seen before - my dream come true, a truly original idea!

I too was raised Catholic, which I turned away from while in a Catholic high school because the only responses I was getting to my questions were shame and threats of eternal torture. Not exactly attracting flies with honey... Soon after, some ugly stuff happened right as soon as I started college which made me turn agnostic, and I was distrustful of metaphysical research (less the content itself, more the knowledge that my efforts could be tracked by my ISP). My guides were with me every single day through that period, so even with a weakness of faith I was able to keep the connection open and the dialog flowing. I'm really fortunate, too - in the past year, they've lead me to find new inspiration in Pantheism that's leading my spiritual growth to new heights! I feel like I have rockets strapped to my feet as I'm absorbing all kinds of new information. Even my guides have grown stronger with this new positivity I'm putting out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realm Ki
This passage spoke very much to me, what I found when I first got here was an utter surprise at how many of the members that are actively fighting 'evil' spirits, that believe in them. Because it has been many years since I stopped having a problem with them; You just focus on light and love and let them move on. It's like a second nature, I don't even really notice when there is a presence any more.

So to me they are not 'evil' - they are part of the negative in us, the ego, the prid etc. Just dust and debris that needs to be cleared.

It took me years to discover that you are absolutely right. I'd convinced myself I was waging some righteous war against evil, but eventually I recognized that this was mostly ego mixed with delusions of "Angels vs. Demons" instilled from the Catholic upbringing. Still, the techniques I'd learned during this period have remained useful, and I somehow know I'm going to need them again later. It was necessary for me to go through that period of pain to build myself up not only to defend against the darkness, but to heal and bring light to those who are suffering, even (especially) my enemies.

The 'rift' I mentioned just came out of an article explaining the difference between light workers and light warriors. It refers to the stark difference in approaches between these two types of people. I'm guessing whoever wrote about it must have witnessed arguments over it - perhaps it's not as deep a divide as I came to believe though.