Thread: Mind and Ego
View Single Post
Old 23-09-2017, 07:07 AM
Master
[quote=7luminaries]
Quote:
Originally Posted by God-Like

Hey there God-Like/daz
This is a subtle but very critical distinction IMO.
As I understand it, 'mind' in the sense you've always used it refers to consciousness and more broadly (and perhaps more precisely), to What Is.
I agree, this more expansive understanding is more truly what I myself understand that 'mind' is, as long as we also understand that the awakened mental aspects of mind are ultimately in service to the awakened spiritual aspects of (what we may also term emotional aspects)...particularly the aspects of unity, authentic love, and the state of being one in that love (or, centreness).

I typically have discussed 'mind' in the more commonplace sense of how limiting it is to identify mind primarily with mental aspects/brain function. And how the brain, being only a receiver of consciousness (or mind in the broad, heart-centred sense) never has been and never can be the captain at the helm. It's for this reason that I typically say consciousness or What Is or centre (depending) to indicate where we really live 24/7.

I can totally see how the standard use the of word 'mind' (which is very limited and based on a misleading concept of "who" is driving, IMO) confuses most folks. Most have grown up thinking or believing the brain is in the driver's seat. Whilst in fact, the brain is the antenna or the satellite dish for consciousness (which is also exists beyond time/space and thus is not ever limited to the physical body). We as awakened heart-led consciousness are what our brains have been designed to received and translate.

Our brain picks up our own individuated consciousness, for starters. But as we (as consciousness) more deeply permeate and thus "tune" our physical vessels, we can often pick up quite a bit more as time goes by.

Peace & blessings
7L

I agree in that the mind=brain relationship if left at that is limiting . All one has to understand in such instances is that an individual that is not of the physical experience continues to self relate (ego) and think for themselves . The brain is just a component of the physical body that allows one to operate / function within the body and within a physical environment (amongst other things) .

I see the mind as the foundation for all experience .

Everything is of the mind and it seems Iamit can't understand what I am saying in this regard .

The brain is of the mind, the people are are the mind in the same way a fish is of the ocean .. The ocean is the environment for fish to experience being a fish ..

The mind is an environment for an individual person to experience a physical person .

As said to Iamit, the mind has no agenda, it is not something that can sway you to remain in ego ..

The purpose of the mind if you are listening Iamit is to be the foundation of your experience .

x daz x