View Single Post
Old 09-08-2017, 12:27 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by naturesflow
So if animals eat animals to sustain themselves as their food source, (unaware) they could well be a mother and father from a previous incarnation eating each other? (Of course their are no thoughts about what they should and should not eat, because for them its about survival and the continuation of life) Humans on the other hand who choose vegan or vegetarianism, do so for their own personal reasons of course, but it makes me now wonder, (as I do) if this ties into a cycle of human lives, in all this, becoming aware of itself and ending the 'chain of lives' as part of this "food chain" awareness.

If we look at humans and animals as a greater context of rebirth in all this, (ending the chain of lives) then perhaps the choices of what one comes back as negates itself in this view, or maybe you just don't come back in human or animal form? Maybe we come back as rock? :0
That's interesting. Sentient means able to perceive and feel so I would imagine that choice goes with that at some level.

The cessation of identifying with the fluctuations arising within consciousness