View Single Post
Old 15-04-2019, 07:55 PM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissCreativeSpirit
My life has caused me to really want my own home and space totally to myself. And at the same time I have sensory overload issues when too many are around and me, even just talking.

But I would like to have a committed romance or still maybe a marriage.

I just do not know how it could work unless I date and marry another very similar to me-introvert?
And we keep to ourselves much of the time?

This last guy I dated was just like my sibling whom invited everyone they came across to visit, Yang out and spend the night. I swear I was going crazy and kept leaving to maintain my sanity and be at peace!
I kind of understand. I have a home, also still spend a lot of time with my parents. Like you, I'm happier alone. I'm not lonely. That's maybe because there are always others around and things to join in. In moments of utter honesty it probably makes me self-centred. (I do have a male friend and it probably works because we don't live together; are thus not under each other's feet.) But I look at so many couples around and realise that most of the pairs are self-centred to the extent I wonder how far someone can subvert their individuality to make a relationship work. It isn't always what they have in common. Some work because they have almost nothing in common.
I do feel close to my parents and soulmate, though.