View Single Post
Old 24-01-2020, 09:10 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesboy
Actually each of what you mentioned is different as is the realization.

Are you saying the Dalai Lama, the recognized leader of Tibetan Buddhism, is not stating Buddhism in those comments? When he states he is the reincarnation of past Lama's and he is thinking of choosing his next incarnation in the body of a female? When he states death is like changing clothes? In the video below, The Dalai Lama explains how egg and sperm merge, then a third element comes, subtle (purified) consciousness, which brings about life. He states subtle consciousness continues after death, life after life. Saying if that consciousness has attachments at the time of death, that sets up karma and a new incarnation.

That's the thing. Buddhism is a religion made of unique individuals who can interpret things anyway they want. If you want to believe no consciousness survives the death of the body that's fine too. I believe what the Dalai Lama does. That my essence, my pure consciousness, that which is me and perceiving right now, is eternal and is the same essence from life to life, though it is obviously is changing, evolving in understanding and awareness. The Dalai Lama phrases this thing that moves from life to life with subtle consciousness as the subtle mind further in the video. I would just call the two things aspects of the same soul or consciousness. The consciousness that travels from life to life has understanding and awareness as aspects of itself. So a kind of "mind" is non-material and eternal. To me it's just a part of consciousness and there is no need to name it subtle mind like the Dalai Lama does.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQ0CoQyIe7Y