Thread: *Raw Recipes*
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2019, 02:19 PM
Master
*Raw Recipes*

I would like to start this thread to hopefully inspire me, and others who are interested, to eat more raw foods, or if you already do, perhaps find tastier combinations.

I do want to say that I believe that there is a lot of truth to the science of food combining, and that mono-meals of one food are best for the body, but I am going to put that aside for this thread because I am not near that kind of goal yet anyway. I guess that the best way to make change is to do it in baby steps (or leaps if you're so inspired) and just eating more raw food in general is a wonderful worthwhile start.

Raw food is still alive, has negative ion or electron content which feeds the body in ways beyond nutrition, is generally alkalizing, and can be delicious as well as divine.

Share any raw food recipes you'd like here, and if you want to link a youtube video or something feel free, but please also write the recipe down here if you don't mind.

I don't have a lot of experience with raw recipes at this point, but here is my simple contribution of a few to start the thread. forgive me beforehand for not including exact measurements as I probably won't or you may need to tweak them if I do lol, I don't use them in the kitchen.. which is probably why I've never been a decent baker hehe. thanks for coming!

Without further ado~

*Cashew Cheesecake Concoction*

2 cups raw cashews
1 cup raw pecans
6 medjool dates
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 1/2 cups water
pinch pink salt

Blend cashews, about a cup of water, 3 medjool dates, lemon juice, and tiny sprinkle of salt until creamy texture

Puree pecans and about 1/3 cup of water with 3 medjool dates and sprinkle of salt until well mixed

Press pecan puree into pan or dish bottom, then pour cashew mixture on top

Try as is or get more creative and top with extra lemon slices, possibly dipped in date syrup, or other fruit such as strawberries, blueberries, pineapple, mango, etc.

notes: soak cashews and pecans in pure water for at least 4 hours or overnight before using as this washes away antinutrients present in most nuts, seeds, legumes, grains, etc. and opens up more nutrition and enzyme content. also soak dates at least 15 minutes and peel skin off for best results

*Pico de Gallo, Salsa, Guacamole or Bruschetta Topping*

4 large tomatoes
1 green bell pepper
1 poblano pepper
1/3 round onion
2 green onions
1 clove garlic
sprinkle of salt
lime optional
salad greens or any vegetables you want to dip or top

Chop tomatoes, peppers, and round onion (red, purple, white, yellow, brown, whichever you prefer) to preferred size, or just in large chunks if making salsa

Slice green onions lengthwise, dice finely and then mince garlic

Mix all ingredients together with sprinkle of salt and squeeze of lime juice if desired

*To make salsa simply mix together in blender til desired consistency

*To make guacamole, add a tablespoon or two of pico de gallo, salsa, or combination per each mashed avocado

*To make bruschetta topping, omit any peppers if you like and add chopped kalamata olives, extra clove of garlic, and if you enjoy the taste try substituting the zanginess of balsamic vinegar with a smidgen of apple cider vinegar and coconut aminos

well, those are my easy but hopefully tasty raw recipes to start with. Welcome and thank you again for coming, I look forward to seeing and trying out some of your contributions to this thread