View Single Post
Old 10-09-2011, 09:31 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
Shabda: ...i do have my own experience that might a bit, and that is that the "Incessant Sound" Itself literally ARE teachings, not JUST sounds that can be heard by the inner ear...

... it is my understanding and assertion that this is literally the "Voice" of God communicating directly to my consciousness, so in this way one may hear the "Incessant Sound" or the "Unstruck Melody", and at the same time be "hearing" the teachings directly from their Source, rather than from an outward or inward Teacher or Master...

in any case i have had the experience of hearing the Sound from beyond the mind and receiving teachings through that Sound.

i find from that same original site a passage from the Bible, in which the explanation given at the site says that it is God who teaches via the Sound, which was the point i was trying to make above...

Hi Shabda
I don't get much into the theology of the Inner Sound Current as that's not my path and style, but I can relate to what you say about any teachings directly from source are expressed as the pure Sound, both verbal and non-verbal. Is that your meaning?

For me the inner sounds are non-conceptual vibrational patterns which align and transform my energies, and imbed subtle understandings in my deeper mind.

As I mentioned in the above post, for me it's just about listening with full attention, and enjoying the subtle feelings and ongoing effortless transformation.

Xan
yes that is what i meant, but what i speak of is also beyond simply listening, because the Sound resonates throughout one's very being, and one realizes that they ARE the Sound literally, and perception on that sphere can impart knowingness beyond the mind's faculties, a direct knowing and understanding...may not be everyone's bag, but it' done wonders for me...
"Not Christian or Jew or Muslim, not Hindu, Buddhist, Sufi, or Zen. Not any religion or cultural system. I am not from the East or the West, not out of the ocean or up from the ground, not natural or ethereal, not composed of elements at all... I belong to the Beloved, have seen the two worlds as one and that one call to and know, first, last, outer, inner, only that breath breathing human being."
Rumi