View Single Post
Old 10-07-2017, 11:25 PM
Experiencer
When I first came across flat earth theories and communities I was very eager to know more about it. I was in a process of collecting information and knowledge, and of course a lot of things that was getting may way daily was just pure out of this world material. There was a constant reminder to keep my mind open to anything, and also to use my common sense. However all of you know, that it takes time, and a lot of pieces of the same truth before one can start seeing the bigger picture, and successfully sift through what is real and what is not. Before you get there though, any new information, can be a valid one, especially in the world where truth is indeed obscured. How could one really distinguish between flat earth, chemtrails, hollow earth, reptiles controlling this planet, Mandela effect? They all sound and seem pretty crazy, so why ones are OK, and other pure nonsense when in fact all of them seem like science fiction? The answers for me was, it does not matter at all, which one is right or not. Like every new person that comes in contact with flat earth theory I was intrigued by the claims so I had to dig deeper. I think it is right to go explore even what seems to be the most dumbest thing. The thing is however all I could read about flat earth just didn't seem right to me, and most of the proofs seem to lack common sense. But the biggest shock I got was when I was reading through the forum dedicated to flat earth, where I have seen some of the heaviest verbal attacks and attempts at destroying any critical thinking. At that point I decided that I will not invest any more time in exploring flat Earth, and carried on. On occasion if a flat earth video comes by on youtube claiming to have proof, I happily watch it, thinking, OK bring on the challenge, only to be disappointed again by lack of common sense. I don't care if someone believes the Earth is flat. I actually think it is hollow. The problem is if you think that you have to make everyone else believe that what you believe is true. In this regard flat earth is a distraction, separating people with different beliefs, where in the end it makes no difference whatsoever if the Earth is flat or round or hollow. You still get up early next morning and go to work, because the real truths are still kept hidden.