View Single Post
Old 10-03-2019, 06:51 PM
Administrator
Hello

Citrine is a great example. We had one in the store that was expensive over $400 on the tag but you could tell it had been "heat treated" and it got finger lifted and posted for re sale. No one on site bit at buying it pointing out to this one that it was "fake" and so not worth that price. LOL their loss. Thought they would make a quick buck and Karma bit.

I wonder if the buyers that do the picking for the stores pay too much for "fake" stones as they might not understand the true values. It like the Salt Lamps now that are in every drug store and shop it seems. Not all are even made of Himalayan Salt at all they are a man made make up.

I have to laugh at the stuff that comes in that does not sell and sits there, that has a huge price tag on it, as buyers are getting more educated on what is real and what is fake and learning that natural is better.

The amethyst tower I got at a retail store might have been slightly heat treated but not to the point its BRIGHT blinding purple. It feels amazing so I know there is life in it.

Lynn