View Single Post
Old 11-02-2020, 02:11 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeS80
I really enjoyed this response to JASG. Pantheism goes perfectly together with Panpsychism (of quantum physics?), which Is the belief that the singularity, universe, god etc Is Conscious of Itself. Which means there must be duality for the singularity, universe, god to be conscious of itself.

Singularity is a way of saying Einstein's relativity calculations break down, resulting in strings of infinities. In other words Relativity is wrong, however it's the best model we have for spacetime and works quite well until it reaches the point of massive spacetime curvature. Just like Newtonian mechanics work quite well at non-relativistic velocities even though in the big picture they are not as accurate as Einstein's relativity. They are good enough to send men to the Moon and back.

If you want to discuss QM in the context of consciousness then the only hypothesis that's close to legitimate (and many physicists would disagree) is Orch OR and it has absolutely nothing to do with singularities.

I know all about the various philosophies and also a lot at a laymen's level about consciousness from a neuroscience, psychology, philosophy of mind and physics perspective. It's been the topic of single-most interest for the past decade and that has shaped my views and when I did stumble across Advaita Vedanta instantly recognized its core tenets of non-duality.