View Single Post
Old 27-02-2016, 01:44 AM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit Guide Sparrow

I trust you are good and well in this festive season.

Dear Spirit Guide Sparrow,

I have spent the bulk of my holidays playing music; it was (and continues to be) an extremely enjoyable experience. I hope that you are doing well too, please convey my warmest greetings to your Asceleott colleagues. I have profoundly benefited from the work that you do and have tremendous respect for you and your colleagues

Quote:
Your questions are fixating on the importance of the physical organ called brain as the primary processor of consciousness, yet I have clarified this is not the case, for how else would your physical form continue to animate in the spirit world without a physical brain, and how can thoughts transmit without the presence of a brain? Where do you wish these questions to take you in their relationship to consciousness?

While I remain open to the possibility of consciousness being ubiquitous, I have not made up my mind on this issue yet. This is because I require more information, which I hope these questions will provide.

Perhaps it may be worthwhile for me to explicitly state what I'm looking for: A logical and technically vigorous understanding of consciousness. Do you think you can help me with that?

Quote:
A few examples? Indeed.
The McGurk effect
Hypnagogia
Phantom limb pain or Allodynia
Dreams.

I think I am able to understand phantom limb pain and the McGurk effect, both of which are very convincing. Could you please explain in more precise terms how allodynia and dreams are affected by the brain's fabrications of reality? Thank you.

Quote:

Then there is the way in which your physical brain asserts your physical body and its surroundings are solid physical structures, when truly your science reveals they are far from it.

If my surroundings are not solid physical strucutres, what are they?

Quote:
Yes, and I understand this has already been proven by those in such fields of research.

You are correct.

Quote:
When your consciousness separates from the physical counterpart, including the physical precuneus, your sense of self-awareness not only continues to exist, but actually becomes enhanced and expanded. This should tell you that the precuneus, while able to process neural information, is not necessary for the existence or processing of consciousness itself. Consciousness itself does not require physical structure or process, or physical energy in order to exist or function.

This seems counter-intuitive. When I shut off a part of my brain during non-REM sleep, there is reduced activity in the precuneus. However, my self-awareness is neither enhanced nor expanded. Instead, it appears to be completely absent.

Quote:

It functions because memory is not just stored in one or the same place. Every living cell in your body retains memory. Every living cell in your body has retained the memory of every one of your ancestors who has ever lived. Memory is shared by all aspects of your cellular state, including all areas of your brain.

I read this message with great interest. How far would you agree with the following statement: The brain's memory is stored like a hologram.

Quote:

Many blessings to you during this festive season.

Getting to know you has been a true blessing

Best Regards,
a1candidate