View Single Post
Old 30-07-2018, 09:42 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Compendium
Lucky1 NASA is not the entity that studies climate change. There are scientist around the globe in multiple countries that study ice cores and ice melt. The greenland ice sheet has gone from 10 feet thick to 6ft thick and has shrunk in over all size in the last few decades. The gulf stream has also slowed down in its cycle since they started measuring its speed. Part of climate change is odd weather cycles. The primary reason it doesnt snow in the desert more often is due to a lack of precipitation especially since the desert gets so cold at night. One reason it might be snowing in tropical climates is because the water currents that keep those places of moderate temperature are slowing down leaving the cooler water in place longer allowing for this phenomina to occure. The heat capacity of water is very high due to its molecular structure this means it takes a lot of heat for the water to heat up. During winter the earths tilt on its axis means those areas dont heat as fast allowing precipitation to fall as snow as opposed to rain.
This isnt NASA it is simply science.

I never said that NASA studies climate change.....I simply stated that as an agency that measures such things ...they have reported record levels of arctic ice on and off since 2015

Sorry but some of your data is suspect as the Greenland ice sheet has gained about 12% during the cooling off period of the last 3 years.....

People who do study climate change acknowledge that we are in a cooling off cycle.

Of course you wouldn't know this from listening to the bullcarp on the news....

Maybe we're all here because we ain't all there????

If you're lucky enough to have been born in TEXAS....you're lucky enough!