View Single Post
Old 07-03-2019, 01:15 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritual_Light
If so, how do you think that happened? For all the criticism of Joseph Smith and his works, is it possible he like Swedenborg, had some kind of spiritual communication with the other side that gave him this information and understanding?

Let me know what you think.
Grab some beer and popcorn and a copy of What Dreams May Come by Robin Williams. It's weepy so you'll need a box of tissues too. That pretty much explains it.

It's been said that every religion was right for that culture at that time, and today's Spirituality is the same. Most of it has been 'guided' either by people who have gained understandings and realisations or 'Higher Beings' - much like the tale of the Mormons. Apparently there are 495 cultures across history and geography that mention the Shining Ones, starting with the Sumerians and through Christianity, and across to the Native American Indians. Those Shining Ones have been worshipped as Gods and brought wisdom and civilisation to the people - and Joseph Smith has one too. Really, the Mormon religion is a variation of a long-running theme that's been going on since ancient Egypt at least, and that diagram really has nothing new. The three kingdoms come from Paganism's three realms, paradise and 'Spirit Prison??? is heaven and hell - hell is a fear tactic and heaven is a carrot. The trick is to look for what's common, and not take things too literally.

It's possible that Joseph Smith had some divine intervention, it's just as plausible that it's all made up and it wouldn't be the first time such a thing has happened. They made a religion out of sci-fi - Scientology - so watch this space because anything can happen in the next 24 hours.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritual_Light
I think what I am hoping to do is understand my own spiritual path a bit more, and where I belong.

You have always been here, but it's as much fun to go anywhere other then to find that out. Go poke in the undergrowth and see what jumps out and bites you on the backside.

Safe Journey, with a few interesting bits of course.