View Single Post
Old 27-06-2017, 01:24 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrycia-Rose
I’ve been thinking about this law of attraction. It seems that like attracts like, so if you worry about not having any money, the universe thinks you want more of the same so you don’t attract better finances. That seems to be the general gist of it.

But, it doesn’t make sense to me. So you have someone who’s deeply worried about lack of finances, how they’re going to pay the bills, how they’re going to pay for the car repair, how they can provide meals for the next week etc. So all this worry and fretting results in the universe keeping you in that lack of money position.

How can the universe mistake/mis-judge that person’s thoughts as to thinking he doesn’t want any money?

Patrycia

It depends on what you are referring to by "the universe". If by universe, you mean God, then do you think that God or the universe would really be that mean? Do you think that God/ universe isn't smart enough to figure out what you really mean? Do you think that God/ universe is into mind games and cares about precise wording or else?
Because I agree with you and that is how the LOA seems to portray it. I just don't think that is God or the universe. The universe works with us, it is on our side, whatever this mind game loving thing is that we have to watch our wording with, I don't think it's God or the universe. And that is where I see the problem when praying, or doing affirmations or whatever it is you do and you're asking for money. There is nothing wrong with asking for money or wanting better circumstances, but you have to watch who it is you're asking, because the god of the world is not The God, the all loving being that cares deeply about us as His/Her children.

Like attracts like isn't quite correct, it's more like 2 magnets attract, but there are other posters that can explain that better than I can. Now is the time to question everything and ask ourselves, does this make sense? If something doesn't make sense, than it's not right, doesn't matter who said it. Now is the time to stop blindly believing "authority" and learn to trust ourselves.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell"