View Single Post
Old 04-03-2018, 12:36 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by happy soul
The following are quotes from ACIM:

'Your fear of darkness is nothing compared to your fear of the light. Your real fear is of redemption.'

'The possibility of looking within and seeing guilt only SEEMS to be the source of fear. The actual source of fear is of looking within and seeing innocence.'

'What seems to be the fear of death is really its attraction.'

'The body is a fence the Son of God (which is everyone) has created around himself, for within this fence he thinks that he is safe from love.'

There are two things, everything else is a FORM of them - love (true content) and lack of love (false content).

Lack of love is an illusion.

We seem to fear lack of love - separation, guilt, suffering, darkness, oblivion.

What we really fear is love - oneness, our innocence, our divine nature, our self-love.

People constantly AVOID love and their own divine nature. We run away from them. If we can see this within ourselves, perhaps we could overcome it.

Avoidance is a tricky word because when you understand and look at life being itself as it is, conscious or not conscious of itself then avoidance does fall away from the context of yourself aware in this way. There are many ways of understanding avoidance so its not really something I hold myself to or others too. I suppose my own awareness of being someone, blind till I could see, feeling more when I could open and feel more, letting go when I realized I could and needed too..allows me to be more understanding of how the mind/body system operates. I mean the list of realizations are endless, which has allowed me to understand people as they are more directly, not through a dialogue in myself telling reasons as to why this is so or why things are not so...When you go deep into yourself beyond the "ideas" of why and how and this is so, there is understanding of what is, as the one is, experiencing it for themselves is experiencing... Of course it all helps through process to understand it all if you need too for yourself to become more aware.

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder