View Single Post
Old 02-03-2018, 06:57 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
Thank you and no problem.

Seeing as how I really like to tell stories, here is one about two monks and a woman crossing a river which also relates to this:

http://www.kindspring.org/story/view.php?sid=63753

I was pretty much weaned on Zen.

Anyway and that being said, there are also some of us who have had glimpses or insights into the nature of an 'ultimate reality' and so, trying to see things from our own point of view, or even another's point of view is still all Maya anyway...and that is when it becomes very difficult to relate to 'self' or the world around us...and that is also why Buddhists have no belief in a 'self'...and I can fully understand, appreciate and respect this.

There is no "I AM" as far as a Buddhist is concerned, because they will simply say, "what is the "I" that IS?" and that's the whole beauty of it.

I enjoyed reading that story, and needed to hear it. I've had a strong tendency to 'nurse past wounds' and ruminate, even obsess, about past attacks. Thanks for sharing it.

And I agree, there's a perspective of seeing ultimate reality, rather than through the filter of one's own self or 'story'. We can see from a higher perspective. We can think in harmony and alignment with absolute truth.

On the other hand, I do feel that it's probably impossible to FULLY have no personalized or 'conditioned' perspective. We'll always have our own slant on things, which is good. We just need to make sure that our opinions and perspective are born of love and reason, rather than delusion or wishful thinking.