View Single Post
Old 10-04-2017, 09:27 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldingmellish
Hi everyone.
I've been married to my wife for 5 years, together for 10.
we have a 4 year old together.
Ever since we've met, she has been spiritually active, devouring new age/self help texts like "The Secret," etc.
We had what I thought was a healthy, happy relationship and family.
About 2 months ago, at a work-related event, she met a guy whom she felt an intense "connection" to (no affair). (In his defense, it seems like he was probably oblivious to her feeling these things)
Apparently the connection/attraction was strong enough that it triggered an intense emotional response from her, which I've learned is her "spiritual awakening."
She is pulling further and further away from me, and our marriage now hangs in the balance.
She has basically said that her love for me has transitioned from romantic to platonic. We haven't really had sex in a while and she doesn't seem to want to be around me very much.
To say I'm devastated would be an understatement, mostly because we have a child together and I don't know how all this will play out.
I love her very much and want this to work out but also realize I can't be a round peg in a square hole. She's also insistent that because she's on this path to enlightenment/higher consciousness/whatever that I can't possibly understand what she's going through--which may be true. I don't doubt she's having a spiritual emergency but I also don't want to see my whole world crumble.
I also understand the "if you love someone set them free" maxim. I can't force her to feel things for me if she doesn't feel them anymore.
I just find it inconceivable how fast this is all happening. It's like she took a trip and never returned.
I'd like to add that I don't doubt the legitimacy of her experience--she is definitely going through something. But I find it hard to swallow that she wants to throw our entire 10 year history--and family--away because of this spiritual awakening. (to be fair, the awakening isn't all about us--she also has childhood traumas and other issues she wants to work through that have been repressed)
We are hoping to see a marriage counselor this week, but I feel like that may be an empty exercise...her mind seems kind of made up that she's not really into me anymore. I feel scared, isolated, abandoned--and to boot, as I've mentioned, I have a job to do and a child to raise--so I can't just curl up in a fetal position and cry my pain away.
If she wants to leave me, i will let her go. If we're meant to be, we will be I guess. But I just find this all so hard to fathom.
Looking for advice and guidance.

Thank you so much for such an honest and heartfelt post.

I too went though a Spiritual Awaking after meeting my Twin Flame Catalyst. This breath-taking connection tore through my life and my marriage like the most incredible whirlwind.

Although my wife and my Twin Flame knew about each other, and while my Twin Flame and I always respected my marriage (as there has never been any physical intimacy between myself and my Twin Flame) I found myself going down a road that my wife wasn't ready to follow and one that I had to stay on so I could discover 'my search for the truth'.

So I could find out who I really am.

Although this ultimately resulted in the breakdown of my marriage (and ultimately separation from my Twin Flame) I regard myself so very fortunate as my wife and I will forever be wonderful friends. Especially as we both have always been completely honest with each other and have full appreciation of our circumstances following the incredible life changes that this type of spiritual connection brings.

Admittedly I've made a very long story short, and if your wife has met her Spiritual Catalyst (so isn't simply and excuse to be with someone else) then I do understand yours and her position and the difficulty that you are both facing where my heart really does go out to you.

The best advice I can give you - and as difficult as it may be - is that you both engage in in complete, honest communication with the dynamic of each relationship being different so presents its own unique challenges.

I really do wish you so much love, where so many here will help shine a light for you as you walk along what I am sure you see as a dark path

I am not an individual having a universal experience, but the universe having an individual experience. Where consciousness is the universe experiencing itself through each of us.

Destiny is not the path given to us - but the path we choose for ourselves.

Current resources:
Tom Campbell: Ultimate Reality www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhv-XCff4_I

Currently reading:
Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are: Alan Watts
A Brief History of Time: Stephen Hawking