View Single Post
Old 24-02-2020, 11:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Then we have,

KJ21 And he said, “Who art Thou, Lord?” And the Lord said, “I am Jesus whom thou persecutest; it is hard for thee to kick against the goads.”
ASV And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And he said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest:
AMP And Saul said, “Who are You, Lord?” And He answered, “I am Jesus whom you are persecuting,
AMPC And Saul said, Who are You, Lord? And He said, I am Jesus, Whom you are persecuting. It is dangerous and it will turn out badly for you to keep kicking against the goad [to offer vain and perilous resistance].
BRG And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest: it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.
CSB “Who are you, Lord?” Saul said. “I am Jesus, the one you are persecuting,” he replied.
CEB Saul asked, “Who are you, Lord?” “I am Jesus, whom you are harassing,” came the reply.
CJB “Sir, who are you?” he asked. “I am Yeshua, and you are persecuting me.
CEV “Who are you?” Saul asked. “I am Jesus,” the Lord answered. “I am the one you are so cruel to.
DARBY And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And he [said], *I* am Jesus, whom *thou* persecutest.
DLNT And he said, “Who are You, sir?” And the One said, “I am Jesus Whom you are persecuting.
DRA Who said: Who art thou, Lord? And he: I am Jesus whom thou persecutest. It is hard for thee to kick against the goad.
ERV Saul said, “Who are you, Lord?” The voice answered, “I am Jesus, the one you are persecuting.
EHV He asked, “Who are you, Lord?” He replied, “I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting.
ESV And he said, “Who are you, Lord?” And he said, “I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting.
ESVUK And he said, “Who are you, Lord?” And he said, “I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting.
EXB Saul said, “Who are you, ·Lord [or sir]?” The voice answered, “I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting. Etc Etc ......

https://www.biblegateway.com/verse/en/Acts%209%3A5

So which version is the correct one?
Great examples!

And I can't remember the difference between a Bible Version and a Bible Translation.

Hope that wasn't off topic.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru