View Single Post
Old 07-07-2018, 02:00 PM
Experiencer

Hello Altair, I don't come here so often so I'm sorry that I failed to notice your comment and question. How rude of me eh? Apologies to you.

As far as yoga, just the fact that I'm slim makes the yoga easier and yes, I'm still trying to make it a meditative practice. But those little neurons in my head keep buzzing and popping and thoughts keep coming to interfere with the focus, but like everything in life, good days and bad days right?

Ideals are wonderful but I think for the number of people on this planet, pragmatism must rule. The days of the little tribe-family, living amongst the trees and grasslands are largely gone, so it's acres of broccoli and beans instead.

Here's my thinking on the subject of 'killing plants' to consume. From a Christian perspective, in the beginning we were given the plants as our food. There's 'permission' there. To be given permission, but restricted to that which is lowest on the 'awareness' graph seems a reasonable thing to do. While I believe the atoms of everything in the Universe communicate with one another via energy pulses, at the same time plants don't have nerve endings or brains that would allow for them to feel pain and suffering in the same way that creatures who've been blessed with those, would. I'm thinking that if anything, the act of say, picking a leaf or pruning a branch results more likely in a simple change of hydraulic pressure within them and if anything, further changes within would be more along the lines of a mechanical act so to speak. An effort to prevent a continued loss of fluids.

Considering that according to a few experiments, even water/ice seems to react to our moods, it seems to me that it's a given that plants would have some sort of reaction to harvesting. But as you've suggested Altair, the fact that the awareness of plants seems to exist (but is sensibly, quite limited) it's also important not to be wasteful and frivolous when it comes to our using them.

I think when whomever or whatever created this universe and set everything in motion, the idea was that we should live in harmony and balance with no hurt to one another. Which would explain the directive to eat plants (lowest sentience, lowest appreciation of suffering, etc.). And predators like wolves and lions were put in place simply as controlling agents so that the world wouldn't get chewed bared.

Unfortunately, we humans seem to have tipped all the balances and now live in a cauldron of imbalances and crisis' that serve to make the news both 'interesting' and horrifying . (I don't know how much sense that all makes, its' very early morning here and I'm just having my first coffee of the morning so the old noggin is still a little fuzzy)