View Single Post
Old 03-03-2018, 11:56 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by dowsingdoer
Thank you Shivani Devi for the two previous posts explaining how you are able to analyse spirit box sounds - you do seem to have a rather special natural set of conditions to assist you. I understand your persistence in repeatedly listening to various parts before being able to fathom out what was said, I too have been using that technique in desperation I suppose, I hoped there was a neat trick I was missing but it does not seem to be so.

Part of my problem is that the target sounds are often only brief, cryptic comments or words with not context to help my brain fill in around the sound to deduce a possible meaning and they don't always make sense to me.

I meant to say earlier that your post 1) at the very beginning of this thread does an excellent, fair minded job of setting out the situation and problems surrounding EVP in general.

Thanks, Chris
It just takes lot of practice, really.

I'll teach you something tonight, Chris (that 'neat trick') and you may not get this at first...but please play around with it.

Sometimes, they will use words to speak, and sometimes sounds that are not speech, but they transform it into a recognisable form of speech and often, three or four words can be spread out over a few seconds, by that one spirit, using different voices and tones...and it takes a highly trained ear to make this out.

For example, we'll take that video I posted...and here it is again:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAFqJa9zGVE

Now, we're going to isolate three seconds of it..totally slow down these three seconds in your mind...or if you have some PC software that does it, that's good...but anyway...

Pay particular attention to what goes on between 2:37 and 2:40.

Before that time (2:35-2:36), a woman whispers in the session room (possibly the wife of the spirit box operator).

At 2:37, bordering 2:38 - You will hear..."PLEASE DON'T"...like a man is shouting.

Then, there's a break for about a second...and at 2:39- 2:40 you will hear "whis-per" like somebody is singing it in a song and not talking/speaking it.... but "whis" and "per" are separated by a few semitones.

This is one spirit, saying "Please don't whisper" to that lady.

When you can understand that one spirit can say a whole sentence, using words, singing, music, patching and static, all in different tones and voices, then you will be able to get this.

They use whatever frequencies are available in the airwaves at the time to talk and communicate...I've had a full conversation totally in 'patching' once.

This takes a very skilled ear...and also, the realisation that one second for them, is like ten seconds for us.