View Single Post
Old 27-11-2016, 02:58 PM
Lorelyen

^^^It was a certain recent author and leading light (LOL) in the new age movement who popularised ideas Blavatsky espoused. She seems to have provided a fair bit of source material for the New Age movement! Unfortunately in spite of their work adding much of value to the occult they're now reckoned to be questionable - that recent author preaching stuff he simply doesn't believe in himself.

This Law isn't a law in any sense of the word - from laws in physics like Ohm's Law a set of conditions or criteria lead to a predictable result. This thing doesn't except in very limited ways in which case, fine.
It's a dilution of magick (in which Blavatsky and her theosophists also dabbled. I suppose an author peddling his wares (borrowed or not) reckon they carry more authority if she/he calls them a law.

When the starting conditions are impossible to meet it cannot work and long term affirmations, planning and visualisation are the way.

As you say:
Quote:
I do believe that having a positive mindset is more helpful than having a negative one and visualisation, if done correctly, has been shown to be effective in helping people achieve their goals.
and
Quote:
This is a bit nasty, but I would kind of like to drop Rhonda Byrne (or any number of other smug 'co-creators') in the middle of Aleppo with nothing but a 'vision board' and see how long it takes her to manifest her dreams. It's just insulting to the millions of refugees living in hellish conditions to suggest they attracted their fates and if they could think their way out of it. But hey, at least living for 20 years in a refugee camp gives you a good opportunity to experience 'contrast'.
All too easy when you live in a safe environment making money from the vulnerable.