View Single Post
Old 02-10-2010, 04:13 AM
Master
Inner Sound Meditation

Our attention easily becomes absorbed in sound. This is why we all enjoy listening to music... when the mind is fully concentrated on anything there arises a feeling of inner calm. Inner listening practice gets away from the struggle to stop our excessively thinking mind.

A few years ago I began a daily practice of paying attention in the inner sound current along with my breathing. I found it easily drew me more deeply within, and further yet into the boundless Silence... and my spiritual progress quickened considerably.

As you go on you may begin to feel the sound vibrations subtly in various areas of your body and energy systems, which is a deepening of your awareness.

One spiritual master says...

Sound vibrates within all life and sustains the whole universe. It is all-powerful and all Love.

It is because we are made of this Sound that contact with it brings peace and contentment to our hearts. These inner tones can heal all wounds, fulfill all desires and quench all worldly thirst.

After listening to this Sound for some time our whole being is changed; our entire outlook on life is greatly altered for the better.

blessings,
Xan

Last edited by Xan : 02-10-2010 at 05:54 AM.