Thread: Night sweats
View Single Post
Old 22-11-2016, 01:50 AM
Super Moderator
It's a good idea that you went to get checked for diabetes. Did they run a full blood panel?
Anyway, you could be thirsty because you actually lose fluid through sweating! Just as you would during exercise, and the body is compensating so you don't get dehydrated.

It could be hormonal changes. I don't know.

I had lots of night sweats in my thirties. Sometimes in my forties. Occasionally at the menopause but not as much as some get. Then after that -rarely. I got a full blood panel run by the doctor to rule out anything physical. Then I just shrugged and got along with it. It didn't make my skin or hair oily though.
I washed sheets a lot! lol

I did find out a personal silly idiosyncratic thing which may not be relevant for anyone else, and which is certainly counter-intuitive. I found that sleeping naked or with just bikini pants on I would break out in night sweats. If I wore night clothes I didn't! How weird. In my own case I think that when in deep sleep if I was slightly cold my body temperature thermostat would go up and it would make me sweat eventually to regulate temperature. When I slept wearing something it never happened. I'm not saying that would happen with you. I'm peculiar! haha