View Single Post
Old 14-01-2020, 04:12 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
And it's not just a 40 day fast, even something as common as a vitamin D deficiency can lead to brain issues. This is why I'm really interested in super healthy people having these sort of experiences, because that excludes at least some purely physiological explanations. It worries me as forceful health decline is such a big thing throughout history, seeking experiences through methods that cause lack of health.

I think if a middle way means porridge and a banana a day then it's not extreme asceticism but it's still inadequate. If you were to follow this for years you develop health issues. I'd be interested in super healthy people, champions of life, of a sort, to have these kind of experiences. Say a fit king or leader instead of the fasting priest or skinny shaman..
How would you have liked it, eating manna for 40 years as you wander about in the desert?

But then, there might be more to that account then that which meets the eyes.

40 years in Egypt.
40 years with Jethro.
40 years in the desert.

There is symmetry in the time periods - each 40 years long which indicates to me an inner message.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜