View Single Post
Old 06-11-2016, 02:01 PM
Knower

I really know almost nothing about this topic,so I'll be interested to read what others have to relate.

I have always been fascinated with raptors...even as a little boy...

I was working on a big, flat roof in Boston..and there was a juvenile pair of red tail hawks who were constructing a nest on a third story fire escape.
So naturally I brought in my camera and got some incredible pics from the beginning of the nest build...and the subsequent hunting and egg laying also.

The hawk has given me some deep thoughts in regards to my path...so this must be a clue of sorts as to why it is the hawk that keeps popping up in my life...I have seen predation several times....and I find this curious.
I remember seeing a gliding hawk...it was being harassed by about five crows..it can not flap it's wings in a way that will allow it to just outfly the crows...it needs wind currents to gain altitude............

This thought popped into my mind as I watched.....

even though we may soar on the currents of spirituality...we are hounded by the crows of maya

I would hazard a guess that if you have thoughts of spirituality while in the presence of any animal... that might in some way hold some significance.....but I don't know if that is right.

Ironically the other animal is the rabbit...seems crazy...as hawks eat rabbit all the time.

but I have had some amazing encounters with wild rabbits....they seem to be affected by my presence and voice....they make me feel almost motherly...which is odd cuz I'm a dude ....anyway I have never really analyzed this .....I just enjoyed it.....it's all very interesting

Love
acorn