View Single Post
Old 02-08-2017, 06:34 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by r6r6r
I seem to recall Jeeffery Dalhmer making point of stating that his actions had nothing to do with the way his parents raised him{ behavioural conditioning }. True or not who knows.

Humans have a barbaric past and present. Even tho much of society has become more tolerant there exists and undercurrent of that which we only see superficially--- and hope stays that way --- because the standard of living as has mostly risen, generally speaking i.e. world wide over last 5000 years.

r6

Agreed - and a very interesting contribution earlier on at least a part of the biological apparatus of the brain needed for normal or usual expressions of empathy.

I think very often...far more often than many in the West realize...there are past-life or other-life seeds to the behavior of a person in this current lifetime. At least part of the time, parents and upbringing may have little or nothing to do with the egregious behaviours of murder, rape, torture, or other crimes, abuses, and perversions against humanity. These are all highly correlated with violent psychopathy, for the obvious reasons such as lack of empathy and poor impulse control and anger management.

To say violent psychopathy in particular has nothing to do with spirit is sometimes wholly correct and sometimes I think not at all correct. As Lotus said, it is all highly individual. Sometimes, it is the unfortunate accident of genetics and environment...as of course not all psychopaths are violent. But sometimes it may be a more directly related karmic outcome which the individual must work through...a severe burden indeed.

For those who struggle with psychopathy and particularly with violent, predatory psychopathy, they deserve our informed compassion alongside firm societal boundaries that allow them to grow without endangering others, and which guide them in the healthiest possible ways, employing containment from others wherever necessary.

Peace & blessings
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke