View Single Post
Old 15-07-2017, 05:09 AM
Master
After training seriously, perhaps pushing the envelope a little too far, some problems have developed. Strains have appeared in various places in my body: my left shoulder, my lower back and in the groin tendon of my left leg. I was always careful. I did all my warm up and mobility drills to avoid unnecessary injury, but as powerlifter Mark Bell put it, 'there is no safe way to get stronger'.

Getting stronger has risks. One has to push limitations in order to surpass them, and one has to reach their limitation to know where it is. Things can go horribly wrong, and having the sensibility to mitigate risk is a wisdom gleaned from listening to the body, and without selling yourself short, pushing that envelope without tearing it.

Progress is slow even for the hardest working, so impatience and frustration is part of the game. This reactivity is symptomatic of egoic wanting, which dulls perception and compels reckless activity; Then, injury will manifest in the body to match the mind's agitation.

Calmness is not in any way sedate. On the contrary, it enables vital concentration of psychic energy, and the unity of body and mind. This unity comes when effort is maximised, so that focus is complete; then you'll be amazed at what you can do. Possibility is destroyed by knowing it.

To do, to persist, and to succeed, is not easy. Everyday change is hard enough, but adaptation is even more difficult. It takes earnest resolve, and increasing understanding and appreciation of one's transforming self, to find the love in what you do, to enliven enthusiasm, and by being entirely occupied with what you can do, having no concern for what you can't - one does their best.

Now, move the world.