View Single Post
Old 21-04-2017, 03:44 AM
Experiencer
White face staring at my girlfriend, when I woke up

Not sure in which topic to put this, but here it goes.

It's 5am here and I have been awake since 2am. Not something too unusual since I am known to go to sleep late sometimes. My gf is still sleeping near me while I'm typing. We went to bad somewhere around 11:30.

At about 2am I woke up suddenly and to my amazement I saw a big white face staring down at us. I am having trouble remembering details, as I was actually quite startled, but the face was to my right, where my girlfriend is sleeping, more on top of her then me. I remember waking up, and seeing this face staring down at her, maybe turning to face me I can't say. I was shocked and I felt fear but I don't remember screaming or saying anything at loud, but I recall my gf started calling my name while still in a sleep, only partially awake. My sudden reaction probably woke her up a bit, though she was still in a shallow sleep and continued sleeping after the occurrence. The face seemed to vanish while I was not paying attention, and It is hard for me to really remember nay detail but I have general perception of it. Now it does happen to me from time to time, that I wake up, and I can't fully remember where I am, and I see dream figures in shadows on the ceiling, like seeing spiders or similar, but I soon realise I was dreaming and that I am awake now, and I can go to sleep ok afterwards. I am pretty sure we all had this happen at some point.

Well this was different. I knew right away that I woke up, and I was able to move right away so definitely no sleep paralysis there. I immediately noticed the face and some thought went through my brain but I cant remember any.

The face was pale white, and quite big, much bigger then normal humans head and did not have normal human features. It almost looked like a mask of some sorts. The best way to describe it would be if you are familiar with anime culture, where spirits or yokai often wear mask over the faces. This was what I was able to see in few seconds it lasted

This is where things get interesting. My girlfriend reported many times to me, having scary dreams in which when she is walking, or driving in a car, or riding a bicycle, a men starts to come her way on the opposite side. What happens next is that while she is looking at that man and his face, his face suddenly comes really close to her, basically face to face, at which point she would wake up petrified, and still see this face staring at her. She said one night when this happened she even turned up the light and she could still see the face staring at her for few seconds. Thankfully she didn't have any dream like this for some time now, maybe even a year, but at some point she was really scared because of it. She reported waking up over and over during the night after having such a dream. She always said that her eyes would open on its own without any real reason after she would just fallen asleep. Not to mention the fear that this occurrences built in her, that prevented her from having a nice rest for a long time. Well this stopped thankfully and at first, when I saw this face looking at her tonight, I didn't think this might be related, but then I remembered her saying at some point while she had those nightmares, that it is not a real face. When I demanded to know what the face looks like, she said she can't say that it isn't a real face, but more of a mask. She commented that it something like a mask a person wears in movie called Saw. I never watched the movie, but I googled it up. When I remembered that I got chills down my spine. What I saw did indeed look quite similar. Not like the mask from saw, but definitely a pale, white mask, with some other marking on it, and not of normal human face shape. Bigger and more oval, with certain element of the face a bit deformed. If anyone needs I can post picture of yokai or saw mask, or you can google it. What do you all think, any ideas?