Quote:
Originally Posted by H:O:R:A:C:E
as Tobi said in post 26: "Our Spirits already know." [we know]

as for purpose...
imagine that i were to awaken one morning and discover a splinter
in my finger. i might determine that "it must serve some purpose",
and so do nothing about it; OR, i may choose to no longer tolerate
the intrusion, and remove the object.
i believe that a better "matrix" is desirable, and possible.
the enjoyable pretenses can be maintained, and the horrors can be
flushed away.

love

Hey H:O:R:A:C:E,

I get what you are saying. I have a room full of self help books and spiritual theory trying to understand but I see it more akin to a car or computer. I don't have to know how those things operate, how they are put together and the dynamics that make them run for me to use them. I can search for information to make my life better on the internet but have no clue how in the end it really all boils down to 1s and 0s. That doesn't make sense to me yet it allows me to have an experience that I didn't have before computers were invented.

But we do need to be aware of our problems if we hope to heal them. We can't heal them unless we feel them so that is the purpose of pain. Pain as a motivator to push us into change. But many many people go around trying to pretend the splinter wasn't there. I did until it got too painful. But I still don't know why I am having a splinter. Or how the splinter came to be. Yes, there is a part of us that knows all and I can appreciate that I agreed to live an experience feeling pain so I would change my thinking around but there is still an aspect of the experience that is a mystery because if I didn't see things from a life or death perspective I may not care about my experience and it loses its impact. My body is hard wired to want to survive at all costs. If I lose that then I will likely walk into trouble and lose my opportunity to live.

I am not sure if a true analogy can really be made but I do think there is a purpose for us not knowing everything. I don't think that should stop us from trying to understand. And it is very possible we are on a quest to knowing all while in human form but in all of the history of man any theory that has been laid forth is in the end only conjecture and not provable. So we never really will know if our human conclusions are accurate until we move on and there may be very good reason for that.