Thread: The Shiva Forum
View Single Post
Old 31-07-2018, 06:16 AM
Master
In addition...and not meaning to blow my own trumpet here...but if there is anything you, or anybody else wishes to know about Hinduism, Sanskrit or the meanings of any words and terms, please feel free to ask and I shall do my best to answer any questions put to me.

I enjoy doing this as a direct expression of the Jnana shakti which flows through my veins.

I try not to let my ego get involved, but occasionally that will happen in spite of myself. LOL

The other day, I received a PM from another member on here, showing me these tattoos, in Sanskrit, all over the arms of a famous Yoga teacher and he asked me if I could translate them, because it was nowhere on the internet..and those he asked, who could speak Hindi didn't have a clue.

https://www.google.com.au/search?tbm...V7m0o4BvpJaHM:

It was a bit of a challenge for me, but after a while, I was able to do so..

The tattoos said "Nirbija Samadhi Samaaya Pratyahar" which means "Enlightenment without seed (impetus) is attained through sensory deprivation".

Suffice to say, I was jumping around the room in an awesome mood after that because I was still able to translate Sanskrit into English after about 30 years of not having done so. This was like a watershed moment for me.

Aum Namah Shivaya