View Single Post
Old 29-06-2018, 05:38 PM
Master
Hi AquariusSun.

Sorry I missed this, hope you do still come around here and see it.

A suggestion I can think of but will be up to you and your preferences, would be a combination of chamomile and peppermint tea to help with your sense of smell and sinuses.

Burning peppermint oil and other herbal oils too may have an effect, especially a physical one, especially too in the case of peppermint.

Like I said this will be your choice and up to you, but it may help. I realize not everyone loves herbal teas.

I recently had a very terrible cold- almost felt like pneumonia, and had a lot of trouble sensing, especially smelling. I wanted to clear this up and tried a combination of chamomile and peppermint tea thinking it may help with sinuses and a cold.

I could smell again within an hour of sipping on the tea.

I came to look into it later on, and peppermint is a medicinal remedy and prevention for tuberculosis, it worked like a charm with my cold. Combining the chamomile aids in relaxation, and aids in the relaxation as well and therefore with the muscles, which in turn allowed my lungs to relax, take in adequate air.

That said there is no reason you can not benefit still from aromatherapy despite the dulled sense of smell. When diffused some herbs have physical medicinal qualities such as camphor, eucalyptus, etc.

As well as that like Tobi said, there are qualities as well which are absorbed by the skin.

Many herbs can actually be quite good for the skin, aloe, plants with E, A, and D vitamins- a bit more care on some D vitamin enriched plants though- especially if sensitive to the sun.

Hope this helps, or that at the least you by some way, see it.

Blessings.