View Single Post
Old 13-01-2019, 10:14 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
You get amino acids by eating protein.

Think of it this way. A protein is like a pallet of bricks. The bricks are amino acids. You give that pallet of bricks to the builders who take the palate (pun intended) apart and use the bricks to build your house.

We get amino acids form protein in food.

Amino acids are present in fresh produce, "protein" doesn't need to enter the equation, it just complicates and unnecessarily acidifies the situation

why would you give someone a pallet when they only need a brick?

Quote:
I'm all over the science, but people should double check what I say with leading vegan doctors and dietitians who have a proven track record.

I doubt any of your examples are on part with how many people and the intensity of cases Robert Morse has healed, whether you want to put Dr. in front of his name or not, or even it bothers you that he doesn't have mainstream degrees from schools that teach people erroneous information that is potentially dangerous. You spent all of ten minutes was it? listening to him and you did so with a closed mind and heart to what he was saying. I think that anybody who is willing and wishing to learn who hears his messages and information will have no choice but to agree, because he just makes sense and shares useful information. He understands the body and the scientific reality of chemistry and how the body works along with food, and I don't know of any others who are sharing the same important information, especially not for free

Quote:
I tell people to steer clear of diet gurus, fake online doctors, and anyone who sells supplements, and encourage people to seek information from qualified professionals. There are many vegan advocates who are well qualified and have stellar track records such as these.

having a mainstream degree or education, even if it is more nature-based than what' is popular or common these days, does not automatically make somebody legitimate, and even if they are it doesn't mean that they understand the body that well or actually have the best advice. if they tell vegans to supplement with silly vitamins and stuff they probably don't know what they're talking about. if they emphasize protein when protein in actuality has nothing to do with ideal human nutrition or nourishment, one should be weary listening to them. Again though this is a thread about Fruitarianism so which doctors on your list that you're posting in my thread are advocates of that or know anything about it? Why do you insist on trying to highjack my thread about a specific topic to spout off the same misinformation that you're not interested in seeing through and learning the truth about? It's just getting kind of weird now and very selfish and inconsiderate on your part because I have played along with you but you were never here to learn anything were you?

Quote:
Of course I am open minded and repeatedly point out that there are so many ways to get good to optimum nutrition. I'm not the one saying don't eat this, only eat that, and making nutritional options impossibly restrictive.

The point is that even the cleanest seeming diets which are not raw end up killing people at a relatively young age, if you consider that the human lifespan needn't be less than 100 on average, and I think humans are capable of living much longer and more healthfully. So the point is that a lot of things that people *think* they are supposed to or can eat, or actually things that are hurting them and killing them quicker because they destroy the body. You are completely closed off to learning and understanding the truth about certain foods that you want to believe are great to eat. You don't want to understand how the human body works and what foods it appreciates and which are detrimental to it overall. That is the point, so no you're not being open-minded to any new information and concepts

Quote:
The acidic body narrative is based on the 'ash' (waste product from cellular metabolism). What I said about different PH of ash is accurate enough, and there are not people who dispute that. What you are saying is hoopla, but I still encourage and 'alkaline diet' in practice because it means eating lots of fruit and veg.

acid ash destroys and alkaline ash harmonizes, essentially. it's strange that you don't want to shed consciousness on the deeper truth about raw produce being alkalizing and instead just say that they're good just cuz they are produce, and that is just more mainstream thinking and failure to understand food at a deeper level, which is also a main point and goal of my thread here. the only hoopla going on is the hoola hooplin you keep doing with your own misguided misinformation at the expense of being open to accepting or understanding anything new

Quote:
If you look at the people who made the 'acidic body' rhetoric popular, such as "DR" Robert Young, you also find they have questionable credentials. Everyone with proper credentials dispels acidic diet nonsense. When people double check what I say, they will find out that I learned what I say from properly qualified people. If you are irrationally adverse to all acid forming food, you make it exceedingly difficult and practically impossible to acquire adequate protein from plant foods and supplementation - so again, your ideas are simply not workable IRL.

Oh My Goodness gracious great balls of exasperation.. what part of your logic makes you actually think that eating acid is good or that the body wants us to add extra acid to it? And humans don't need very much protein. All foods have amino acids, right? The body ONLY wants amino acids, it doesn't even know what protein Is except something that is difficultly holding its amino acids that it has to break down to get them out. it is very sad that you theorize that someone should eat acidifying foods just to meet your imaginary protein threshold holy bajeezus

Quote:
Basically, there is no 'all good', and there is always 'good and bad', so what we aim for is balanced healthy nutrition form whole 'unprocessed' food. Restrictions can be healthy in terms of restricting soft drinks, alcohol and the gamut of processed junk, and restricting meat from the diet is often health motivated. Too many restrictions is bad though, and I think the borderline is where you need supplements to ameliorate dietary restriction. For example restricting animal products entirely necessitates b12 supplementation, and makes some other nutrients difficult to obtain, but that's OK, it's what I'd consider 'borderline' but still very healthy, but then you say no starchy food, no protein dense food, no cooking, and so on, and hold that this is in the best interests of a healthy life when in fact it would be of tremendous detriment.

How would you know how good and bad foods are if when asked to investigate and explore the reality of the situation you simply chose to ignore my request? I'm guessing you've not done this on your own already so it appears you are just closed off to learning in more depth about foods, which is what your problem is because you keep telling people information that will end up hurting them. There is a lack of logic and sensibility to what you keep insisting and what you keep repeating is just what anyone can find from mainstream sources who also don't know what they're talking about and aren't willing to find the actual truth. myths about protein and b12 and food needing to be cooked are getting really tired and hurting people. No animal elsewhere in the kingdom eats cooked food and when they do they get sick because it doesn't make any sense and distorts nature and the integrity of the divine food as the Earth provided it. and remember, some of the biggest and strongest animals don't eat "protein" so how did they get that way?