View Single Post
Old 12-01-2019, 04:48 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilias1990
Hello everybody, i am new to spiritual forums. Firstly, i would like to apologise in advance for my english.

Now, the reason of this thread ; I have been meditating for about two years. My meditation is 'za zen'. The last 2-3 months i'm having many thoughts during meditation and it has become a little difficult to observe my breath. The truth is that there have been many changes in my life during this period. Any thoughts ?

Hi.

As many thoughts arise in times of a lot of change, they may reflect the things you need to pay attention to, so perhaps after you have put things in order and adjusted to your new circumstances, the mind will have less to be preoccupied with. In any case, whatever the case might be, treat the thoughts as if they are free to be there and come and go as they please, and as though they have nothing to do with you, so that you do not become personally perturbed by them.

As the intent is breath awareness, it matters not if you are focused for a long time or a short time. It doesn't matter if you think a lot or only a little. Whatever the case is in that regard, it is simply true in your experience. Because you have started to want less thought and more consistent breath attention, you have become slightly agitated by desire since your real-lived-reality is not conforming to what you imagine it should be, so having observed this to be the case, let it be 'as it is' without any notion that it be should be any other way. Be content with it in order that your mind remains peaceful regardless of these circumstances.