Thread: Cryptocurrency
View Single Post
Old 19-08-2017, 08:15 PM
Lorelyen

You can stuff that. Sure, I don't know much about it but neither do you. My recent foray is the second time in 9 years I've bothered to even think about it. And....I've been looking at the acquisition of web-based wallets (unless you want to pay $100 or so for a reliable offline one. Even then, Trezor still needs an online wallet for the transations)

Buying bitcoin is fraught with regulation. Unless you're buying less than B0.003 per shot (about $12) you'll have to register and prove your full identity with your wallet/account holder. They have very detailed requirements.

I suggest you look up the T&C for, let's say Blockchain and Cryptopay. It should enlighten you.

You come on here as if this is all something new. I was talking about it in 2009 when it first went on line. It didn't interest me because I don't buy drugs or weapons. And it is no way as easy as you make out.

You're naive claiming no country has authority over the technology. It doesn't but it has tight control over practice. It may not control what actually goes over the air but countries certainly have control over the acquisition and sale and transaction verification. For that matter no country has control over ANY bank's technology but regulates practice and deals with complaints - in other words no different from crypto brokers, wallet/account holding and business practice.

Have a look at those terms and conditions and the regulatory powers. I'm not known for sloppy analysis.

So, let me ask you - have you a holding in one or more of the cryptocurrencies? Have you bought or sold things with them?