View Single Post
Old 28-10-2017, 12:00 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb
These are just a few examples. I run into all kinds of disagreements between teachers/sources I felt like I could trust. So, who *can* I trust? If all this stuff, especially the "channeled" stuff, is supposed to be coming from "spirit" or "God" or "the universe" or "infinite intelligence," then shouldn't it *all* be correct? If I can't trust all of it, it seems to me, I can't trust any of it.
It's all about resonance and what resonates with you or not, this kind of material is more 'finely tuned'. If it's 'honest' material, because sometimes authors will play to a target audience to get their books sold or their Youtube channels watched - even Spirituality is subject to supply and demand. Much of the channeled material - if it is honest - is finely tuned to a target audience. That doesn't make it wrong per se but there is The Truth and what is true in context or what people will resonate with or understand.

Scientifically the Big Bang is a best guess and not a fact at all, they're still figuring out the aftermath of the bang never mind what set it all off or where it come from. Interestingly enough some of the pioneers in this field seem to be pointing at an intelligence being behind it all or God, it seems the Biblical account has scientific validity after all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb
Does anyone else have experience with feeling/thinking this way? I don't know what to do. Maybe some will say it's my ego mind trying to figure it out, but in response I'd say, "Well, doesn't my ego mind have a legitimate question?"
None of it worked for me neither, after reading all kinds of Spiritual books and material. I found what I really needed in the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy; the answer to Life, the Universe is 42 and as Deep Thought said, when you find the right questions you get the right answers, but what most are looking for are reasons.

You are the answer looking for the question.