View Single Post
Old 05-07-2019, 10:31 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by freebird
Found this online about nde saying that it's the brain fighting for survival, as it dramatically increases its activity, it skyrockets during NDE with dmt molecule stating that consciousness does reside in the brain despite people wanting to believe it does not. Unfortunately there is no proof for the believers. What do you say?
https://www.wired.co.uk/article/near...elic-religious

This is a subject that I have investigated with great interest. Having had both a near-death-experience and out-of-body experiences AS WELL AS being privy right now to some very current research papers on 05-MeO-DMT, I am leaning towards a hybrid understanding. Have you considered the possibility that consciousness projects the brain(s) and that the impressions in the brain(s) manifest as the body and the world? In a continuously updating holographic universe of this nature (the immanent nature of God in God-oriented terminology), everything that your article indicates is quite possible but the proposed theory may lack completeness.

My current understanding is that consciousness produces the brain and this article has not changed my understanding.

In a subsequent post of yours, you question why open minded scientists don't prove that the materialists are wrong and outdated. Have you read the "mystical writings" of Nobel Prize winning quantum physicists such as Schroedinger, Einstein, Eddington, Planck, James Jeans, DeBroglio, and so on? Schoedinger explicitly states that science will not be able to examine the subtlest vibratory levels without compromising the results (the observation process affects the experiment) and suggests that the meditative techniques recommended in the Upanishads may be the only way to "prove" what is actually happening. As other posters have indicated, this does have a subjective element but the composite consensus may be enough to give you adequate "proof" without actually having the direct experience yourself. The conclusive proof, of course, is to do whatever is necessary to have the direct experience yourself and then see if you have any more questions.

This is an excellent thread with great comments.