Thread: KARMA
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2019, 05:49 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
There's people who believe they can ''create their reality'', in the most literal sense. But there's a mistake in seeing the choices presented with having absolute freedom without consequences. To put it simply, we won't fly by just flapping our arms when we jump off a building. Having strong beliefs to the contrary won't save us. People on drugs can believe such things and act upon it, they have strong belief but then it kills them. Same way some of us may think we can smoke, drink, or eat junk year in year out without consequences. Eventually reality will catch up with all of us..

I have spoken out against solipsism and extreme relativism a lot because these are dangerous philosophies. They're morally questionable and can lead to unhealthy outcomes, either to the enthusiastic follower or to others, people or animals. There's a sense of ''I can do as I please, it's all relative'' or ''It's all illusion'' and all of this is not really well aligned with any notion of karma..

If we are divine beings of love and compassion than it makes sense to try and live in accordance with that, and don't just have an ''anything goes'' mentality about it. True, in practice we are never purists but we can all try our best. So sure, there is relativism, but any extreme relativism is as nonsensical as claiming to have zero impact or collecting zero karma as an incarnated human in this world. We can recognize relativism, but some go overboard using it as a means to excuse any activity or claim anything is possible..

"relativism" is NOT "I can do as I please, anything goes" philosophy. I think you are trying to make something that is subject, objective and force people to choose your truth instead of their own. There are extremist in all belief systems and there is a difference between belief and philosophy.