View Single Post
Old 25-06-2018, 11:11 PM
Experiencer
"Observe the observer meditation" type might be one of the most effective ways to

To release yourself from the observer trap, you have to observer the observer.

Who is the observer (in mindful meditation for ex.)? Who is this person who is behind the binoculars, watching your experience from the outside? This neutral observer you’ve created over time is actually just another—albeit smaller and less neurotic—version of the ego. It’s the sense of being a person who is doing the meditating. You could also call it a meditator ego or an observer ego. Creating this neutral observer is very useful, but the goal of meditation is not to create a new meditator ego, it’s to see through the illusion of the ego entirely. Observe the observer.

Anyone here is doing this type of meditation or had attempts? I did not and I shall, however I am preparing researching and learning for shadow work meditation, so I might not be abel right away but I am curious to hear some stories from you.

When I first heard 'observe the observer' and I thought about it and tried to do it.. I felt quite strange, in an unique/first time-like way. It can help me see little addictions and rationalizing thoughts I tell myself ... it's like the 'deep me' sees the 'autopilot me'... hard to explain it as I don't even know to explain it well.

I do recommend you google observe the observer meditation and read some articles. I don't want to post links.

If anyone knows more about this, please chime in!