Thread: Supersoul
View Single Post
Old 13-02-2014, 10:45 AM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR1981
I'm having difficulty embracing the idea of "supersoul" or "oversoul". It, to me, sounds like no one is truly an individual, which makes the concept of LOVE a challenge. I do believe love is the most powerful bond, but it isn't as if I wish to somehow become someone else or everyone else, you know where we all just sort of melt into one another.

He's saying that the Oversoul/Super Soul/Higher Self (whatever you want to call it) - is the Self! That is the point he's making. Agape is the 'supposed' awakened nature - the nature of God, of Reality & Truth. The meaning of life is Love, the meaning of Love is beyond explanation.

But i understand. This is where, i really don't know, & i'm unsure that anyone else does. If you look at the entire field of spirituality & the spiritual traditions, there is no categorical answer to this question.

In the 'supersoul' book 3 very different theories are put forward as to what 'may' be going on.

Look into Buddhism/Hinduism or any of the more Eastern meditation/spiritual systems & the whole field of the Esoteric teachings, & there isn't an agreed upon answer there either.

What does seem intellectually satisfying is the idea that things are both, that the individual exists within Oneness - That the whole exists in the part - the part in the whole.

It is the fundamental question - Who/what is the exact nature of the Self?

On a very practical & grounded basis, we're 'here', we exist & we're here to live a life. Maybe you don't need to know anything other than that?

i liked the Buddha's answer -

When the Buddha started to wander around India shortly after his enlightenment, he encountered several men who recognized him to be a very extraordinary being. They asked him: "Are you a god?" "No," he replied. "Are you a reincarnation of god?" "No," he replied."Are you a wizard, then?" "No." "Well, are you a man?" "No." "So what are you?" They asked, being very perplexed. Buddha simply replied: "I am awake." Buddha means “the awakened one.” How to awaken is all he taught.