View Single Post
Old 01-11-2017, 05:14 PM
Suspended
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy soul
Markings, I agree probably any sane person knows they're aware. It's more like a conscious noting. With mindfulness, you note the objects of awareness. But it may be easier to note awareness itself.

Hi happy soul

Please forgive my assertion yesterday that you are the author.

I wrote hastily but I had felt that many of the phrases you referenced sounded like a marketing ploy. I use the word "ploy" because I felt that it sounds like you are saying this book introduces something new, when in fact, like sky123/markings allude to, these concepts are centuries old and there are many thousands of teachers who have spoken/written about it, some - such as from Luang Por Sumedho - who are genuinely realized/advanced teachers {a much safer bet, as there are nuances to Buddhist practice which only a genuinely realized teacher can know}.

Also, your use of the phrase "notes awareness" leads me to believe that, if this is what the author references, he is misleading in his guidance. There is no greater oxymoron in Zen Buddhism so I urge any other readers to refrain from such a great marketing book. I am glad it worked for you however.

Thanks for listening,
BT