View Single Post
Old 15-07-2011, 08:06 AM
mattie

Interesting Comment About Nature Of Debate

Reply to Energyatwork.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scibat
I agree with your general sentiment, and don't buy into the channeled alien/ascended being stuff either.

To each their own about choosing beliefs. This is disagreement, but civil opposition.

Quote:
It has no credibility, no evidence of being real, I believe people claim to be channeling these things to scam money from others and to get attention for themselves.

It’s difficult to determine others’ motivation. Requires considerable omniscience.

Some channelers are absolutely pumping their readers for $$$. One particularly egregious channeled message actually signs off w/ a crassly & routine statement at the end of the channeled message if you liked this message make a donation. Kind of hard to take that seriously, even though at least they are straightforward about providing the channel for $$$.

As Suzan Carroll is a professional therapist it is unlikely that her site, multidimensions.com is a major source of income. All of her work, including books is available at no charge. The only items on the site that are for sale are inexpensive ones of a decorative nature. She isn't selling spirituality as some do. She has a separate site for her therapy work.

Quote:
However you might want to change the tone of your posts here slightly, like you, I am a skeptic myself and tend to speak my mind on these matters, but I know the staff and they tend to come down hard what they consider disrespect.

Just a helpful warning.

It is entirely possible to have vigorous debate about these issues that is civil. I’ll leave it to others to make own their assessment about whether this occurred or not!

I heartily suggest that people use discernment w/ reviewing ALL information, including channeled information.

Discernment- http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...ad.php?t=12105