View Single Post
Old 19-02-2020, 08:20 PM
Master
Any Science or Religion without Truth is both lame AND blind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
Yup. The Knower can never directly know Itself. The Seer can never directly see Itself.

The face can only see itself in the mirror. Unmanifested Consciousness can only experience Itself via manifested consciousness.

The purpose of maya is...

JustASimpleGuy,

...very succinctly and well stated.

However, while reading the "only" and "never" qualifiers above, it "strangely" occurred to me to wonder WHY the limitations to which our use of "only" and "never" are utilized, could possibly be applied to a Being Who is, Itself, the very Substance comprising All the Potential There Is? I think not.

The analogy seems to be that what we term "Unmanifested Consciousness" is not actually "unmanifested" at all, but is a form of Being we are no more capable of understanding at Its level....

....than we can appreciate why grass is NOT ACTUALLY green just because we SAY it is. Why? because the form of energy we call "green", appears that way because the constituent atoms of the grass absorb all the electromagnetic light energy, except that energy which we label as "green".

We wouldn't designate all those "absorbed" colors of the electromagnetic light spectrum as "unmanifest consciousness", just because we can't see it, would we? Or the atoms of Earth's atmosphere which absorb all the electromagnetic light spectrum, except for different "hues of blue"?

I think not.

Consider that there really is no name for what "absorbed light spectrum" or "unmanifested consciousness" truly is....not even with the very terms "only" and "never", we've invented to apply.

Just me.....
“Why, that’s true! I am a perfect, unlimited gull!” Jonathan opened his eyes asking, "Where are we?” The Elder Chiang said, “We’re on some planet with a green sky and a double star for a sun.” Jonathan made a scree of delight. “IT WORKS!" “Well, of course it works, Jon,” said Chiang. “It always works, when you know what you’re doing." (and even when you don't)

Last edited by guthrio : 19-02-2020 at 10:27 PM. Reason: clarify inputs found