View Single Post
Old 14-10-2017, 02:11 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
Quite reasonable.

Mine was an ongoing process that started with a near-death experience many years ago when I emerged symptom-free from a three-day "irreversible coma". During the comatose period, I was fully aware of everything in the room (doctors, nurses, last rites by Catholic priest, my body) from afar as well as things outside of the room. (For example, I could describe what my brother and sister were wearing down the hallway even though they never entered the room where my body was.) That was just the beginning and it led me to meditation which led me to even more remarkable discoveries. That, however, was the driving force/catalyst but it was just the very beginning.

When one stills the mind, one's true nature reveals itself. There is a very relevant Taoist expression: "In utter emptiness and complete silence, simply watch The Return." It is consistent with the Christian expression, "Blessed are the pure of heart for they shall see God", the Jewish Psalm, "Be still and Know that I AM God", and wisdom quotes from various other traditions.

Have you arrived at the destination of your spiritual search?