Thread: The Message
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2018, 01:41 PM
Master
The Message

Something totally amazing happened to me today...an "off the wall" synchronicity.

I was frequenting my local charity store, and I usually head straight for the self-help and New Age sections, because I will only read spiritual and metaphysical books...I was looking for something totally different from the hundreds of books I already own on such matters...I couldn't find anything.

Something made me go and browse through the few dozen or so antique books in the store and I hardly ever do that, because for the few times I have done so in the past, there has been absolutely nothing there which got my heart pounding.

Today was going to be different.

As I looked among those books, I saw something...an old, tattered book with a really old cover and bindings so I picked it up...

"The Master Speaks" by Joel S. Goldsmith.

I opened it to the preface and started reading..

"Illumination dissolves all material ties and binds men together with the golden chains of spiritual understanding; it acknowledges only the leadership of The Christ ; it has no ritual or rule, but the divine, impersonal, Universal Love and no other worship but the Inner Flame that is ever lit at the Shrine of Spirit. This union is the free state of spiritual brotherhood. The only restraint is the discipline of Soul, therefore we know liberty without license; we are a united Universe without physical limits in a Divine service to God without ceremony or Creed. The illumined walk without fear - by Grace." From "The Infinite Way" by Joel S Goldsmith

I flicked through a few more pages to the "Table of Contents"...

1. Oneness with God
2. Reality of Spirit
3. Seeing and Hearing
4. Error
5. The "I" that "I" AM
6. The Divine Consciousness
7. God
8. The Healing Ministry
9. A High Form of Treatment
10. Spiritual Existence
11. The "Allness" of God
12. God Consciousness
13. Individual Consciousness
14. Christ Consciousness
15. Meditation and Healing
16. Healing and Silence
17. The ever-present Christ
18. The Infinite Way
19. The Infinite Invisible
20. Truth Unfolding.

This book looked very interesting...So I bought it for $7.

I read the back cover and noticed other publications by the same author...but rather than transcribe them here..

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=j...obile&ie=UTF-8

I looked at the date of publication...It was August 1957. :)

I squealed with sheer delight..The New age was suddenly old age because there is nothing new under the sun..

I haven't read the book yet... waiting for a suitable time to do so...but I get the feeling that this will take me on a nice detour from my ongoing journey.