View Single Post
Old 13-07-2018, 08:56 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
Hi 7L - Though clearly benign in its intention, I find such 'spiritual' double-speak (remember Orwell's 'equating' of 'opposites'?) to be truth-obfuscating even as it 'mystically' sooths by stopping (troubling) 'thoughts'

Hello there Davidsun. You're right, it can be obfuscating and that's why I said he took tortured approach to truth. But...for some, his vibe is resonant and when I was younger the obfuscated literary approach had some appeal so I get that even though it has less appeal to me now.

I like what you say here. There is a shorthand saying too for this same concept: Gam zu l'tova, or, it is all (ultimately) to the good. The nuance there being that it is ultimately to the good even when you cannot immediately observe or see it, so long as you strive to align with What Is with all your heart, all your soul, and all your might.

Quote:
In regards "all" being "said and done", I prefer observations/statements like: "All things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose." and "To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven: A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted; A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up; A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance; A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing; A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away; A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak; A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace."

Peace & blessings
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke