View Single Post
Old 25-07-2011, 01:36 AM
OldTimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by not human
Oh OK then. I bought home a really cute little Himilayan Persian kitten for my 3 girls. They loved him & called him Sooty. I put a little collar & bell around his neck so we could always find him.He used to scamper around & we'd hear the bell ringing.
Sooty always seemed a bit frail & tentative but as we wern't used to the breed we just figured it was his nature.
Two weeks after we had him je collapsed one morning & we took him to the vet. He died a few days later. Apparently he had had a virus whilst in the litter that being so young overwhelmed him.
Well we were all devastated the kids took a day off school just to get there emotions in check.
About 3 nights after he passed the girls were out & I was doing some book work & heard a tinkerling sound in the hall. I ran out thinking the girls might be home & heard it again. The hairs on my neck stood up & I knew instinctively what it was.
Sooty had come back to say goodbye. When my daughters came home & as I was telling my eldest about it, the bell rang again & we both heard it.
That night my wife was woken up as she thought she heard the TV going, as she awoke a little something jumped on the bed.
My mother died last year & I wasn't aware of her presence at all so go figure.
THAT is a lovely anecdote! You didn't just hear and feel the cat, you heard the bell too. Wonderful... Sooty loved your family very much, indeed.
I think our loved ones come around when we need them to do so.