View Single Post
Old 20-06-2012, 02:10 AM
RichMartini

A triumph! a metaphor!

Res, you just reminded me of another bike story - wow. This very dear friend of mine, who has since passed away (and I'm happy to tell you in the sessions I've had, he's shown up quite a bit - whether its real or not, it's a treat to see him and hear what sounds like his unique wit), had this issue with his bike.

He fell in love late in life - and it was painful for him, as all the teenage emotions of jealousy, passion, regret - were new to him. And at some point he loaned his lover his motorcycle. And then they broke up, and there had been a promise for payments but the payments never came. So my pal was furious, just really beside himself, asking me if he should sue or what the hell could he do to get his motorcycle back?

And I said "Send the title. Tell your lover that there's no person on the planet you'd rather be riding your motorcycle. That you appreciate all the love you shared." He did just that. And got a check the next day... although I don't think the check mattered. I had to track down his lover the day he died - and it was really painful to have to pass along the information. But I'm so very glad they worked at least that part of it out beforehand.

Thanks for reminding me of that story.